Monday, February 27, 2012

Party Food: Cucumber Sandwiches

I love to make party food.  I think I get it from my mom.  My mom throws parties, just to make party food.  I have started doing the same.

This party was especially awesome, however, because I didn't throw the party.  I just got to make food...score!  So, I went with the oldies but the goodies:  Cucumber Sandwiches & Homeade Oreos.  Both recipes only have a few ingredients, LOVE RECIPES WITH ONLY A FEW INGREDIENTS!

Here is the recipe for.....

CUCUMBER SANDWICHES:

Here's what you need:

1.  Cucumbers - I like English, but get what you like.  I cut them  about 1/4 inch thick and at a slight angle to make them a little larger. 
2.  Baguettes - Sam's Club has the best!  (I feel)  They have to be fresh though.  So if you need to get them days before you use them, I suggest buying them frozen.  Ask at the bakery.  The cream cheese mixture can cover about 4 baguettes.  That makes a ton though, so I usually just buy 2 baguettes.
3.  Turkey - This is optional.  Get thinly sliced and I only use about 1/2 a slice to make it last.
4.  The Mixture - 1 packet of dry Italian dressing mix, 1 c. mayo, and 1 8 oz. cube of cream cheese, softened.  Make sure your cream cheese is soft and use a hand mixture to blend it together.  Then add in the italian seasoning and mayo.  If you end up only using 1/2 the mixture, this is an AWESOME spread on sandwiches later on. 

-Cut your baguettes into 1 inch circles. 
-Spread on the spread.
-Stack on the turkey. 
-And top it off with the cucumber.

People love these and they are such a simple little sandwich. 


1 comment:

  1. Allie, what a simple, but great recipe! You’re right, cucumber sandwiches are a great party food and nothing is better than a fresh baguette. I thought you might be interested in checking out our 7 Ways to Use Artisan Fresh French Baguette, http://bit.ly/xrVM7C. The French Bread Bowl with Spinach Artichoke Dip is one of my favorites. Thank you for sharing your recipe and thanks for shopping at Sam’s Club!
    – Carrie from Sam’s Club

    ReplyDelete