Monday, March 26, 2012

Peanut Butter Cookie Bars



Ok, are you ready for a recipe that we (my mom, sister, and I) have made 12 times since receiving it one month ago.  These are SOOOO good.  Absolutely love them.  To quote the young man that bummed one off me in the parking lot after church, "Mom, you have got to make these for me!"  Yes, that is what I said to my mom too.  These did single handedly completely make me fall off my diet wagon I was on. So sad, but oh so good.



Few notes:

-I added half quick oats and half regular oats.  However, I don't know that it really matters.  It will be a little more "oatey" and chewy if you do all regular.  Personal preference. 

-Make sure you don't add the whole can of evaporated milk (been there, done that).  Just add it to the right consistency.  You want it to be thin enough that you can spread it easily, but you don't want it so thin that it's dripping off when you try to put them on a plate. ***Update:  after making them again, I measured and I think about 3 oz. is a good consistency. 

-These are great to freeze!!  We will freeze them, get one (ok, maybe not just one) out and in about 10 minutes, I have goodness in my mouth.

-Chocolate chips in the dough??  Yes, please.  I added about a cup to the dough.  I think I just love peanut butter and chocolate a little too much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment